The Wildflower! Arts and Music Festival in Richardson brings talented musicians from all over and appeals to fans of all ages, and one of its hallmarks is the inclusion of local artists. Once again this year, our youngest members of the community are invited to come and show off their chops and compete for a chance to perform at the festival on Sunday, May 21, 2023. Read on for more details and begin preparing now for the auditions.
Budding Talent is an annual vocal competition open to children in Kindergarten through 12th grade. The contest provides young singers the opportunity to take their skills and perform on stage in the Charles W. Eisemann Center for the Performing Arts during Richardson's Wildflower! Arts & Music Festival in front of a live audience.
Live auditions will be held on Sunday, April 23rd at the Richardson Senior Center, and contestants must apply to participate. Contestants are grouped into five age categories:
Seedlings: Kindergarten - 2nd grade
Sprouts: 3rd grade - 5th grade
Buds: 6th grade - 8th grade
Jr. Wildflowers! - 9th - 10th grade
Wildflowers! - 11th - 12th grade
How to Enter
- Complete the online application here by midnight on April 11, 2023
- Contestants must include a current photo in the application to be used in the Finals Program for those moving on to the Finals
- Contestants have the option to include a link (Facebook, YouTube, etc.) to a 1-minute maximum length video performing a song of your choice. Video is not utilized as a prescreening tool.
- Limited contestants in each age category
- More information can be found at https://wildflowerfestival.com/budding-talent-vocal-competition/